Academic Advisor, Special Programs - Health
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Reporting to the Director of Health Programs Advising/Limited Entry Admissions, the Academic Advisor, Special Programs - Health serves in the capacity of academically advising students on various requirements that are specific for Health Sciences programs at CSN. The person in this position provides reliable and objective advice, works with students to implement a personalized plan of study, identifies available student resources, and takes corrective action(s) essential for academic success. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide academic advising for students pursuing degrees or certificates in Health Sciences Limited and Open Entry programs.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the Health Programs Advising Department by accommodating students via face-to-face individual advising appointments, via phone calls, and local recruitment efforts.
- Develop and conduct monthly Health Programs Orientations for students interested in pursuing Limited Entry Health Sciences programs.
- Collaborate with various program directors/faculties and staff in the Engelstad School of Health Sciences, as well as in other CSN Departments
- Comply with FERPA regulations in the provision of advising services.
- Evaluate Financial Aid Eligibility in the Financial Aid Module.
- Manage selection process of assigned limited entry programs as well as assist colleagues during their program selection processes.
- Provide advising to students who are transferring credits from other colleges and universities to CSN.
- Provide advising materials to potential health sciences students' at all three CSN campuses.
- Participate in recruitment efforts and activities at local area high schools, organizations and CSN campuses
- Complete financial aid appeals/reinstatement, excess credit fee appeals, and student appeals for academic suspension.
- A Bachelor's Degree in counseling, educational policy, educational leadership, student development, psychology, a health-related profession, or a related field from an accredited college or university, AND two-years of related/comparable professional experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to coordinate and implement multiple assignments among a large staff in order to sustain an extensive workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through interpersonal, oral and written communication to a broad constituency.
- Demonstrated ability to provide developmental advising services rooted in best practices to first year students, undecided students, students on academic probation/suspension, and students in transition.
- Experience providing academic advising to a diverse/multicultural student population.
- Experience working with community college students and/or at-risk adult student populations.
- Experience managing/updating a website to ensure the most recent/current information is provided to students, public, or community.
- Knowledge of limited entry programs in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of Health Science careers and career opportunities.
- Skill using MS PowerPoint to create presentations for recruiting events and Health Program Orientations.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$48,000 - $51,000
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Academic-Advisor--Special-Programs---Health_R0118486-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency