This ad is expired.
- Assistant/Associate/Professor of Epidemiology/Biostatistics Clinical and Applied Science Education
- Go to our website »
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Epidemiology/Biostatistics Clinical and Applied Science Education
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM) educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery, and innovation. The UIWSOM invites applications for a full-time epidemiology and biostatistics faculty member for the Office of Clinical and Applied Science Education (CASE).
The faculty position reports to the Chair of the Clinical Sciences Department in the Office of CASE. This faculty member will have responsibility for teaching, and university, SOM, and community service. It is also strongly preferred that research activity be consistent with the UIWSOM research/scholarly activity strategic plan, including medical education research. Faculty members assume the shared responsibility of developing, recommending, and executing all approved policies of instruction. Individuals considered for this appointment must have a track record commensurate with an appointment as Assistant, Associate or Full Professor.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you, as the employee, to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Participate in the collaborative development, implementation, and assessment of curricula within the Master of Public Health, Master of Biomedical Sciences, and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine programs, as assigned by the Chair. The DO curriculum is transformative and involves the collaborative development and implementation of competency-based, innovative, and integrated teaching and learning strategies within a clinical context, per the SOM mission, accreditation standards, and the Chairs discretion.
- Assist faculty and students, in collaboration with the Dean of Research and Innovation, with research design/methodology and data analysis, to support clinically relevant, community-based research, translational research, social justice-based research, and medical education research and scholarship, consistent with the UIWSOM Research and Scholarly Activity Strategic Plan.
- Engage with and educate the community with respect to public health and osteopathic medical education practices and scholarship.
- Integrate national and international trends in public health and medical education into innovative educational practice.
- Actively participate in teaching and academic skill development and professional development activities.
- Undergo training to qualify as a facilitator in the case-based and problem-based learning program and acquire skills in UIWSOM curriculum delivery methods.
- Serve on committees and subcommittees as appointed by the Dean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to current trends in public health, medical, and inter-professional education, and educational technologies.
- Ability to teach in a collaborative, integrated, case-based model, in which public health is taught in a clinical context and is relevant to current medical practice.
- Passion for and commitment to public health, medical, and health profession student education for purposes of optimizing community responsive care and patient outcomes, particularly outcomes for vulnerable and marginalized patient populations and communities.
- Record of championing and implementing public health and medical education innovations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (with strong verbal/written communication skills) and work collaboratively (with strong interpersonal skills) in complex interdisciplinary and inter-professional settings with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Strong team building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to collect and manage data to track performance outcomes to ensure comparable educational experiences.
- Ability to strategically prioritize resources necessary for program support.
- Experience in computer-assisted delivery of course content.
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice and values-driven curricula.
- Ability to operate within the UIWSOM framework of lifelong learning through collaborative scholarship, innovative educational excellence, and learner-centered curricula.
- Record of educational scholarship.
- Demonstrated flexibility in a new medical school startup or other endeavor requiring adaptability
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
DrPH or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics, or an MPH with a DO or MD degree, or other terminal degree.
Required Work Experience
- At least three (3) years experience working as a graduate-level educator in epidemiology and biostatistics with demonstration of strong teaching skills.
- Strong knowledge-base and work experience in public health, specifically in epidemiology and biostatistics.
- At least three (5) years experience as a graduate-level educator with progressive leadership positions at an undergraduate medical education (UME) or graduate medical education (GME) institution in North America
- Experience working in public health and/or health care system settings as a physician or other health professional
- Strong, well-rounded knowledge-base and work experience in public health, to include epidemiology and biostatistics, health behavior and health promotion, social and behavioral determinants of health, and development and evaluation of interventions to improve population health and address inequities
- Fluent in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Typical for faculty in this field.
Typical for faculty in this field.
Posting Number: UN706PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 06/01/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dr. Earlanda Williams
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Open Date: 04/06/2023
Close Date: 5/31/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/21982
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e622019b1ce59e46a10825c667108d56