Assistant Professor Research, Clinical Epidemiology
Medicine, Reno - University of Nevada School of Medicine
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources helpline at (775) 784-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For UNR Med professional job postings, if you have questions or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine UNR Med) in partnership with Veterans Affairs Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHC) has an immediate opening for a Research Health Scientist (Epidemiologist). This individual participates in a supervisory and independent role and collaboratively in research studies at both institutions across a variety of health science disciplines; participates in research, mentoring, teaching and services. The successful candidate will serve under the administrative supervision of the Associate Chief of Staff of Research and the Associate Dean for Clinical Research.
Currently there are a variety of research activities ongoing at the VASNHCS conducted by staff researchers including vaccine clinical trials, hematology/oncology clinical trials, quality improvement research, real world data pharmacoeconomics, functional gastrointestinal disorder biomarker research, chronic pain research utilizing virtual reality and photobiomanipulation, and pharmacy adherence improvement implementation science through use of mobile applications. The research area and focus of the incumbent Research Health Scientist in this position is undifferentiated but would be directly related to veteran health issues and support our staff research principal investigators on such projects, particularly as they relate to health systems data research.
This is a dual appointment; full-time FTE will be split between UNR Med and VASNHC - the FTE below reflects only the UNR Med FTE.
PhD in a related field of study
Related research experience
Assistant Professor - (0) II
The total compensation package includes a negotiable competitive salary, moving allowance (if applicable), a generous retirement plan, health insurance options that include dental and vision, life insurance, long-term disability, annual and sick leave, along with other benefits. Additionally, there is a grant-in-aid educational benefit for faculty and dependents. For more information, please visit: https://www.unr.edu/hr/benefits
Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples' professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada. Dual Career Assistance Program
For more information on the University and the School of Medicine, please visit http://med.unr.edu
For more information on the Office of Medical Research, please visit https://med.unr.edu/office-of-medical-research
Attach the following four documents to your application
2) Letters of Application (Cover letter) including a description of research activities
3) Three professional references (include name, title, company/organization, email address, phone number)
4) One-page personal diversity statement: Fostering a diverse and inclusive environment is one of the core missions of UNR Med. We recognize that diversity promotes excellence in education, research, service, and health care. As we train future providers to care for, and researchers to address the needs of, an increasingly diverse patient population, we value developing a leadership team and faculty body that reflect and honor the diversity of the world in which we live. Through a school-wide process, UNR Med has selected specific mission-based diversity groups, including individuals who are underrepresented in medicine and those who identify as first generation, rural, or from low income backgrounds. When faculty bring a range of their personal and professional experiences to UNR Med, this diversity enriches the learning experiences of our students, expands the breadth and impact of research inquiries, and assists the members of our community in breaking down stereotypical thinking and personal biases and become more comfortable with the scope of human experiences beyond our own. Given the value UNR Med places on diversity, equity and inclusion, we ask that you submit a one-page personal diversity statement outlining your thoughts on each of the following:
- Describe your beliefs in regard to how diversity can advance the missions of a medical school (please provide specific examples);
- Explain your professional background and experiences in contributing toward a climate of diversity, equity and inclusion at a previous institution or organization (such as how you have come to understand the history of historically marginalized communities in the United States; how you have ensured inclusivity in your classroom or other teaching; programs you have developed in the area of diversity; mentoring of diverse students, faculty, and staff; how you have addressed diversity issues such as health care disparities in your research or teaching; service work that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; and/or how you have promoted an environment where diversity is welcomed and fostered); and
- Delineate how your background and experiences would qualify you to advance UNR Med's mission of diversity, equity and inclusion in the position for which you are applying (please include specific examples pertinent to your desired role).
UNR Med Required Recruitment Survey
Please complete the survey at the link below; this 1-2 minute survey will allow us to understand our current status and the effectiveness of our efforts in promoting diversity and inclusion at UNR Med. Survey data will not be accessible by the department for which you are applying or the recruitment team.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med)
For over 50 years the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med) has trained physicians who are leading the way to 'A Healthy Nevada', nation, and world. Community-based and research-intensive, UNR Med is committed to our four-part mission of education, research, clinical service, and diversity. We show this commitment through our demonstrated core values: people are our strength, we innovate and improve, we serve with integrity, and we success with trust and respect.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an inclusive and engaged community. We recognize that diverse faculty and leaders add value to the educational experience and promote excellence in our teaching, patient care, and research missions. We seek applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to our mission and uphold our core values.
Our mission has guided our growth in graduating the next generation of primary and specialty care physicians and medical researchers while maintaining personalized instruction. The School of Medicine has statewide outreach with a local touch providing patient care, health services, and training physicians in Reno, Nevada and in the state's rural communities. We are expanding provider education to train medical specialists as Medical Doctors as well as Speech Pathologists and Physician Assistants. We are actively expanding technologically-advanced infrastructure to keep pace with our world-class research to meet the needs of students, patients, and researchers. We seek to create an environment that serves all who enter our doors, from the physicians who teach our learners to our employees, patients, and students.
This posting is open until filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received, or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member's first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNR-external/job/Medicine-Reno---University-of-Nevada-School-of-Medicine/Assistant-Professor-Research--Clinical-Epidemiology_R0124711
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevadas land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a Top Tier Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency