This ad is expired.
Manager Research Project B (Epidemiology Division)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Manager Research Project B (Epidemiology Division)
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project B
Job Description Summary
The individual's primary function will be to manage and lead aspects of pharmacoepidemiologic studies, including but not limited to: a) understanding and interpreting data arising from observational research studies of medical products, managing and cataloging data output/findings, tracking the conduct of statistical analyses described in observational research protocols and accompanying analytic plans, analyzing data, and drafting manuscripts; b) leading biomedical literature (i.e., systematic and scoping) reviews and synthesizing findings; c) completing institutional review board applications; d) completing data use agreement, data reuse agreement, and business associate agreement applications, and liaising with external groups to execute these agreements; e) designing medical record abstraction forms and abstracting clinical data from primary medical records; f) managing conflict of interest reporting and data retention requirements; g) drafting research plan (e.g., data description, sample size) and technical sections of grant applications (e.g., protection of human subjects, inclusion of women, children, and minorities, research facilities and equipment), study abstracts, and manuscripts; h) drafting study progress reports; and i) generating data from publicly-available health statistics datasets.
The individual will have secondary functions. First, the employee will provide support for the Center for Pharmacoepidemiology Research and Training including managing its online presence. This will include an understanding of health communication and social media platforms. Second, the employee will manage the Center for Pharmacoepidemiology Research and Training's Food and Drug Administration certificate program in pharmacoepidemiology. This will include detail-oriented project management and liaising with Perelman School of Medicine faculty and federal partners.
Master's Degree with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Intermediate understanding of research in medicine; non-experimental/observational research designs, prescription drugs, and
- healthcare claims and electronic medical record data is required.
- Advanced understanding of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Optum data structures is required.
- Experience in conducting biomedical literature and scoping reviews is required.
- Experience in managing in-person and remote certificate-level educational programs is required.
- Experience in drafting sections of federal grant applications is required.
- Experience in drafting applications to institutional review boards is required.
- Advanced understanding of research ethics and HIPAA protections is required.
- Experience in executing data use agreements with CMS preferred.
- Substantial experience in manipulating and generating summary data from publicly available health datasets is required.
- This position requires an individual that is highly organized and motivated with an ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- This position requires an individual with excellent written skills and verbal skills, including comfort presenting in group settings.
- This position requires a dedicated individual that values collaboration and works well in a team.
- This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Office software, database management system software (e.g., Microsoft Access, REDCap), reference manager software (e.g., RefWorks), project management software, prescription drug software (e.g., Lexicon Plus), and proficiency in at least one programming software language (i.e., SQL, R, SAS, SPSS, or Stata).
Position contingent upon funding.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less; Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall/Manager-Research-Project-B--Epidemiology-Division-_JR00044051-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-00ded45624d9744c8d51925bb58afcf4